Cleveland, NC
Cleveland.jpg
(Incorporated 1883; Population 885)

Cleveland has evolved from Indian trails and buffalo wallows, from wagon roads to paved streets and highways, from mainly agriculture to a mixture of agriculture and history. Cleveland had three names prior to its incorporation in 1883: Cowansville, Rowan Mills, and Third Creek Station. It was actually incorporated as Third Creek Station, but the name was changed to Cleveland in 1887. Third Creek Presbyterian Church, burial site for French Marshall Ney, and Christ Episcopal Church are two of Cleveland’s oldest historical sites. This small town is located in the western portion of Rowan County. Today one can sense a historical connection of family and culture as well as benefit from modern innovations, technology and services.



Town of Cleveland
302 East Main St.
P.O. Box 429
Cleveland, NC 27013
704-278-4777
www.clevelandnc.org