(Incorporated 1901; Population 3,163)
Landis started out as a mill town. In 1900, Columbus A. Linn and his sons, locally prominent landowners, founded the Linn Mill. The following year the town was incorporated. The Linn Brothers Store became known as the "Busy Store" and the Landis Depot was built. These historic buildings, as well as the old post office and jail, still stand in the downtown area. Landis lies on the Interstate 85 corridor between the metropolitan cities of Greensboro (to the North) and Charlotte (to the South). Main thoroughfares through town include US Highway 29/601, US Highway 29-A, NC Highway 153 with easy access to Interstate 77.
Town of Landis
312 South Main St.
P.O. Box 8165
Landis, NC 28088